Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Affiliate Tracking

omairkha is offline Member

Question Affiliate Tracking

Hi, I'm trying to implement affiliate tracking but there doesn't seem to be any good information in the manual. I basically need to just track how many clicks and orders are coming through from the affiliate. I have created a new affiliate (with ad tracking set to true) and added the affiliate ID to the URL.

Now, my question is where do I see the results? Is there a page that shows how many page views, orders, etc were based on the affiliate ID?

Thanks

MS 9.0.1.1

Skriver is offline Senior Member

I don't think there is anything out of the box that shows reports. You could try searching for add ons such as this

http://ecommerce.compunix.us/p-43-ne...torefront.aspx they may work. But from memory there is nothing from scratch.

Skriver is offline Senior Member

Though under View Manage Orders you can filter by affilaite.

omairkha is offline Member

Hi Skriver,

Thanks for the reply. Too bad there is nothing more detailed built in by default.

cjbarth is offline Senior Member

Here is an affiliate report that I wrote and put in Custom Reports. Perhaps it will help you.

Code:
    WITH Names AS (
    SELECT 
    Customer.CustomerID
    , Customer.LastName + ', ' + Customer.FirstName + ' (' + Customer.Email + ')' AS 'Customer'
    FROM
    Customer
    )
    SELECT
    CASE WHEN (Affiliate.Company = LAG(Affiliate.Company, 1) OVER (ORDER BY Affiliate.Company) AND GROUPING(Affiliate.Name) < 1) THEN NULL ELSE CASE WHEN GROUPING(Affiliate.Name) < 1 THEN Affiliate.Company ELSE Affiliate.Company + ' subtotal:' END END AS 'Affiliate Company'
    , CASE WHEN (Affiliate.Name = LAG(Affiliate.Name, 1) OVER (ORDER BY Affiliate.Company, Affiliate.Name) AND GROUPING(CustomerLevel.Name) < 1) THEN NULL ELSE CASE WHEN GROUPING(CustomerLevel.Name) < 1 THEN Affiliate.Name ELSE Affiliate.Name + ' subtotal:' END END AS 'Affiliate Name'
    , CASE WHEN (CustomerLevel.Name = LAG(CustomerLevel.Name, 1) OVER (ORDER BY Affiliate.Company, Affiliate.Name, CustomerLevel.Name) AND GROUPING(Names.Customer) < 1) THEN NULL ELSE CASE WHEN GROUPING(Names.Customer) < 1 THEN CustomerLevel.Name ELSE CustomerLevel.Name + ' subtotal:' END END AS 'Customer Company'
    , Names.Customer AS 'Customer'
    , CASE GROUPING(Orders.OrderNumber) WHEN 1 THEN CASE WHEN GROUPING(Affiliate.Company) = 1 THEN 'GRAND TOTAL' ELSE 'subtotal' END ELSE CONVERT(VARCHAR,Orders.OrderNumber) END AS 'Order Number'
    , '$' + CONVERT(VARCHAR,CONVERT(MONEY,SUM(Orders.OrderSubtotal)),1) AS 'Total Sales'
    FROM            Orders INNER JOIN
                             Affiliate ON Orders.AffiliateID = Affiliate.AffiliateID INNER JOIN
                             Customer ON Orders.CustomerID = Customer.CustomerID INNER JOIN
                             CustomerLevel ON Customer.CustomerLevelID = CustomerLevel.CustomerLevelID INNER JOIN
    						 Names ON Customer.CustomerID = Names.CustomerID
    GROUP BY
    Affiliate.Company
    , Affiliate.Name
    , CustomerLevel.Name
    , Names.Customer
    , Orders.OrderNumber
    WITH ROLLUP
    HAVING
    GROUPING(Orders.OrderNumber) < 1
    OR
    GROUPING(Names.Customer) = 1