Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Excluding iOS Safari from using mobile skin

TennMorgan is offline Junior Member

Question Excluding iOS Safari from using mobile skin

Hey guys -
    Up until a few weeks ago we were using the mobile skin in version 9.3 for all mobile devices (ipad excluded via appconfig) and it worked like a charm. Randomly we started getting reports that some iOS users were unable to add an item to their cart inside the mobile template.

Same thing started happening on my iPhone. Chrome's UA Spoofer produced the same error.

Every other mobile browser is fine. So for now, just to get us back up and running I've disabled the mobile template all together.

But... I've been thinking. Surely there's a way to re-enable the mobile template and have it exclude iOS Safari? Maybe via media query. Thoughts? Anyone else seen this problem? Maybe an app config I am overlooking?

Ellerbesmith is offline Junior Member

I guess excluding the Safari is not a great idea..it is actually quite stable and is known to give optimized results..won't do it if i were you.

TennMorgan is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ellerbesmith View Post
    I guess excluding the Safari is not a great idea..it is actually quite stable and is known to give optimized results..won't do it if i were you.
    I dont mean excluding it entirely I mean sending the full site to iOS safari and the mobile skin to the other mobile browsers

Ellerbesmith is offline Junior Member

That sounds probably a better idea...sadly enough don't have much knowledge about it..