Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Random text pulled in from topic

Skriver is offline Senior Member

Default Random text pulled in from topic

Hi

Am about to take a look at this but wondered if anyone had done this before?

I have ten sentences within a ASPDNSF topic. What I would like is for one of those sentences to be shown in a location on the homepage and then changed every 30 seconds or so. Ideally I would like this to be in a topic rather than an xml package due to the skill levels of those updating the topic.

Just wondered if anyone had done this before and how they got it working.

Skriver is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skriver View Post
    Hi

Am about to take a look at this but wondered if anyone had done this before?

I have ten sentences within a ASPDNSF topic. What I would like is for one of those sentences to be shown in a location on the homepage and then changed every 30 seconds or so. Ideally I would like this to be in a topic rather than an xml package due to the skill levels of those updating the topic.

Just wondered if anyone had done this before and how they got it working.
    Hi it's ok figured it in the end.

donttryathome is offline Senior Member

Mind sharing how you did this? We might be interested in doing something similar.
    Running: AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2