Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How long does it take for the changes made using the WSI to take effect on the site

nige604 is offline Junior Member

Default How long does it take for the changes made using the WSI to take effect on the site

Here's the code:

<AspDotNetStorefrontImport Verbose="false">
    <Mapping Action="Delete" EntityType="Category" EntityID="607" ObjectType="Product" ObjectID="1299" />
    <ResetCache Confirm="true" />
    </AspDotNetStorefrontImport>

Every few hours we are programmatically adding and removing items to a specific category. But the changes I make do not happen right away on the site. Am I missing something on the code side here? I was under the understanding that by resetting the cache the changes would happen immediately on the site. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I can get the changes I make using the WSI to happen immediately on the site I could display a countdown (holy grail).

Regards,

Nigel

Tom Cox is offline Senior Member

Hi Nigel,

For what it's worth, I use WSI to make changes frequently and the changes are reflected immediately and I don't even have to reset cache. For mapping the mapping tag doesn' work for me on our older 7.0 sites so I use a Product Update with Mappings which works for us.

I'm no programming genius but I bet there is a better way to do a countdown.

Good luck,
    Tom