Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Use Smart One-Page Checkout during Phone Order Entry

maltschul is offline Junior Member

Default Use Smart One-Page Checkout during Phone Order Entry

I've just bought and installed the Smart One-Page Checkout (using ASPDNSF 9.3.1.1) and noticed that the system reverts me to the "Standard" checkout when I use the Phone Order Entry to enter orders. SmartOPC works fine when I'm not 'impersonating' another user. But a big reason I bought this add-on was to be able to enter orders through the phone order entry more quickly.

Does anyone know why this this is happening and how to fix it?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Erik is offline Senior Member

Default Phone Order Entry with Smart OPC

The Smart OPC was never hooked up to the phone order entry. All said and done, standard checkout is nearly as quick, just not as convenient.
    Erik Sutton
    AspDotNetStorefront Technical Support

Standard checkout is horrible for customer reorders. For example, I have one customer for whom I place about 10 orders per week. Every order goes to a different shipping address. To change the address in standard checkout, I click 'checkout now' on the shopping cart. Then I must click "2 - Address Book", then click "change primary shipping address", then click to select the address, then scroll to the bottom of the long list off addresses and click "continue checkout", then click "continue checkout" again, and then I'm finally back at "step 3" to pick my shipping address.

You call that easy? I'm all ears to hear a faster way.

donttryathome is offline Senior Member

If you're placing the orders for the customer (as opposed to them placing the orders), why not create a second account that you can log into to use SOPC. In reality, using the default checkout doesn't seem to difficult or time consuming, especially if it's only 10 orders per week. You're looking at...maybe 2 extra minutes a week spent clicking and paging down. I call that pretty dang easy.
    Running: AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2

I did end up created separate customer accounts so I can login as them to use SOPC. It works but that defeats the purpose of the phone order entry system. It's a hassle to log in/out as different customers all the time.

We have many more just 10 orders a week. I was citing only one customer as an example. We have many other customers for whom we must enters as well.

Yes, there are workarounds, but they're less efficient than I want my staff to operate. In my opinion, SOPC should work with the phone order entry system. But apparently this wasn't in the plans so I'm SOL with a less efficient system.