Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Session Timeout

partyd is offline Junior Member

Default Session Timeout

Good evening,
    We purchase a new cart and we are getting upset with a new feature, every few minutes we are getting log out in the middle of a modification or editing something, so we loss that update or information, we have log in to the site over 30 times on the last few hours , reading the manual we
    found SessionTimeoutInMinutes and change that from 15 to 60 minutes, that makes no difference.

our old aspdotnet card don't do this and we only log in once a day

how can we turn this off ? thank you

omairkha is offline Member

What kind of server are you on? I use a shared host and when I was setting up my store I had to get my host to increase the ASP.NET application time out limit within the server itself. The SessionTimeoutInMinutes was having no affect for me either but it worked fine after my host increased the time out limit for the application.

partyd is offline Junior Member

We have both dedicated and share I have to check and see where this is
    thank you

omairkha is offline Member

Also, checkout this article