Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Need help setting up PayPal

omairkha is offline Member

Angry Need help setting up PayPal

Hi all,

I need some help with setting up PayPal. So far we have been using individual Buy Now buttons generated by PayPal on product pages but now we want this handled through the store.

I followed the instructions in the manual for setting up PayPal Standard. The manual did not mention anything about a gateway for PayPal Standard so I have left it on "manual".

Here is what is happening:

After adding items to shopping cart, selecting shipping, and selecting PayPal as the payment method, the confirmation shows the total including tax and shipping....

Name:  Screenshot (3).png
Views: 13
Size:  6.0 KB

clicking next takes me to PayPal, but here is where the problems start. First there is no shipping price sent to PayPal so the total it is charging the customer doesn't include the shipping cost.

Name:  Screenshot (4).png
Size:  11.4 KB

Then, after completing the PayPal steps of selecting payment method and clicking pay now, a confirmation number is given along with a link to return to the store. After clicking the return to store link, paypal gives a little summary of the transaction and then redirects me to my store. However, instead of getting a confirmation message from my store, I am taken to the sign in page because I have been logged out.

When I try to log in again, I receive an error message stating that my account has been locked by the administrator. So I have to go into the database and unlock the account. Also, looking at the orders page, it shows that this order that was being placed is marked as fraud.

Also, when looking at the Customers table in the database, it appears that a new anonymous customer id was created during the checkout.

What is going on here? How can I get this to work?

Thanks for the help.

MS 9.1.0.1

donttryathome is offline Senior Member

I would suggest contacting PayPal technical support directly. They're very helpful and can probably tell you why this is happening.
    Running: AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2

omairkha is offline Member

Ok, so I decided to try out PayPal Express instead and this seems to be working better. At least the total order amount is sent to paypal and the order is not marked as fraud and the user account is not locked out.

However, I still have a few issues with PayPal Express....

There are no order details sent to paypal other than the total amount... the description field just says Current Purchase....

Name:  Screenshot (6).png
Size:  8.3 KB

Also, our PayPal account is registered with sales@companyname.com but with PayPal Express, when the user receives the PayPal email it says the payment was sent to customersupport@companyname.com. However, we are receiving the payment in our sales@companyname.com account. I've tried to search both on PayPal and in the backend but can't find where it is pulling the customersupport email address from. Any suggestions?

***Edit***

Also, the store's email address is set as sales@comanyname.com

Hi donttryathome,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try contacting PayPal also. The PayPal Standard issue seemed more like a ASPDNSF issue than a PayPal issue but I could be wrong...
    Last edited by omairkha; 05-14-2013 at 12:49 PM.