Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Shouldn't a Canada Sale be blocked in this case

cksite is offline Senior Member

Default Shouldn't a Canada Sale be blocked in this case

AspDotNetStorefront Multistore 9.3.1.0/9.3.1.0

1. We have one shipping method, "UPS Ground", Set for Only USA to be allowed. Set in Countries as well as states area.
    2. Our product is set for "free shipping" yes, (built into the price) but shipping is required. (not a download)

Canadian buyers with canadian shipping and billing addresses are still able to order the product.

Obviously, this approach doesn't disallow the Canada Sales.
    Should it?
    Any thoughts about how to reliably block any sales NOT to the lower 48?

donttryathome is offline Senior Member

I would try using customer levels.

Assign all Canadian accounts to a new customer level and then remove those products from that customer level via product filtering. Change the appropriate AppConfig and now Canadian accounts will no longer be able to order those products.

Customer Levels:
    http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...er-levels.aspx

Product Filtering:
    http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...filtering.aspx
    Running: AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2

Vegarari is offline Member

Default Shouldn't a Canada Sale be blocked in this case

We have the same problem magnified.
    It is part of an issue that we have had for a very long time that has never been fixed.
    http://forums.aspdotnetstorefront.co...Separately-Bug
    Anything marked "Is Free Shipping" has carte blanche, doesn’t play by the same rules, is a renegade, runs with scissors.
    Maybe if more people contact support about the problems with "Is Free Shipping" Vortx will do something about it?
    If you manage to get it solved please share!
    Thanks,
    Casey,

MS 9.3.0.0 - Next stop MS 9.3.1.0

omairkha is offline Member

When you select a region for a shipping method, that just tells the store if that particular method should be displayed if the customer is shipping to that region. It has nothing to do with allowing the customer to purchase a product.

From what I recall reading in the manual when I was setting up my store (can't seem to find the link now)... it mentioned that the only way to prevent customers from a certain country from buying products was to disallow customers from that country registering on your website.

So if you allow only people from the USA to register on your site, then only people from the USA can purchase products. However, this will affect the entire store. If you only want to limit some products then you need to do what donttryathome said with the customer levels.

omairkha is offline Member

I found the page I was talking about in my previous post

donttryathome is offline Senior Member

This is great!

We've been unable to accept orders from any countries other than the US and Canada. The problem is a bug in our version of the storefront which we can't fix because installing the update means breaking other customizations we've implemented (and we simply can't afford to have those customizations done again).

After reading the article you linked to it got me thinking and it turns out that this bug can be fixed by going into Configuration -> Taxes -> Edit States/Provinces and manually adding countries and their states. Since we're wholesale I hadn't tooled around with the tax configuration, as we never use it. The only downside is having to go in and manually add all of those countries and states, which isn't difficult, just time consuming.
    Running: AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2