Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: XML getting cut off

erich93063 is offline Member

Default XML getting cut off

I am creating an XML package whos only job is to go to the database and return some records in XML format. So I am using output method="XML" and then going to the page using /x-myxmlpackage.aspx. The problem is that the ending XML node is getting cut off in the browser even though it's definitely there in the code. Is this a known issue?
    Last edited by erich93063; 11-05-2008 at 10:36 AM.

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Haven't heard of anything like this. Is there a chance that in the xml being returned there is an invalid character which is causing the xml output to terminate??
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

Rex is offline Banned

Are you setting the correct Content-type in your .aspx? And, how exactly does your xsl output element look? Your Encoding could be a problem as well. I have had that problem before using the Xml stream/document classes with the wrong encoding.
    Last edited by Rex; 11-06-2008 at 01:44 AM.

Markus is offline Junior Member

Hello,

we have the same problem with a specific XML being cut off. We believe it might have something to do with the aspx page being detected as text/html type although we have output method="XML".

Anyone solved this mistery yet?

Thank you!