Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Removing "Other (Non US)" from State field?

Orinovo is offline Junior Member

Default Removing "Other (Non US)" from State field?

Hi, we only sell to UK and EU so I have removed the U.S. from admin;countries and all U.S. States from admin;states, I have also removed any references to U.S. in strings, I have added Non-UK to admin;states. My problem is for sign up page I am still presented with "Other (Non US)" rather than "Non-UK" even though I checked and re-checked the string resource, made sure it was not in admin;states or countries. It would make no sense to leave it there, where else can this reference come from?
    ML 7.1.1.0 CSharp - No Source Code

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Pop open the createaccount.aspx.cs file. There are 3 places where it is explicitly inserted into the list of available states. You can either remove it from the file directly, or make sure that you have at least one state available that has no country id (eg. at least one state in the dbo.States table has a null value for the CountryID column). If there is at least one state with a null CountryID value, the page will use that instead of auto-inserting Other (Non U.S.). We do this so there is a default "no country" value if the admin user has not defined one.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

Orinovo is offline Junior Member

Great, Thanks George.
    ML 7.1.1.0 CSharp - No Source Code