Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Save My Credit Card Info Default

albert_tf is offline Member

Question Save My Credit Card Info Default

Hello,

Is there a way to default the checkbox for Save My Credit Card Info? We don't charge credit cards until items are shipped and we are getting many orders where the customer decides not to save the credit card information. We then have to call or email them for the card information.

We have to do this because we list over 170K skus and many are not in stock, but readily available from our vendors. Some items can be shipped immediately while others may be backordered for a long period of time.

I took a look at the appconfigs and ask our dev partner, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do it. Is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Albert

donttryathome is offline Senior Member

I don't think I understand how your system is set up. When a customer places an order do they do it via a payment gateway? I'm trying to understand how/why customers are submitting credit card information but the card isn't being authorized forcing you to call them to collect payment.

Could you explain in more detail exactly how your payment methods and check out are set up?

Also, I'm not sure if your intent is to force customers to save credit card information, but I'm pretty sure this is against PCI compliance policies.
    Running: AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2

Hello,
    Sorry about that. We use a Manual Gateway payment. So we just collect the card numbers and charge them here at our office. We don't use any online gateway because we back order most orders.

Most of our customers use purchase order numbers, so that is not a problem.

Thank you for any help!
    Albert

Not sure which version of the storefront you're running, we're running ML8. I just tested this locally: Set appconfig "StoreCCInDB" to true. Registered a brand new customer account. Immediately after registering I check my account details and "Save My Credit Card Info" checkbox is checked by default. Which version of the storefront are you running?

http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...formation.aspx

This page (MultiStore) implies that the checkbox is checked by default and you simply need to give customers the option of turning it off.

Again, if your intent is to force customers to store credit card information, this is a big No No!

Something else to consider...

We also back order many items. We use a payment gateway to authorize each transaction (we do not capture at checkout, only authorize). After processing the order in house, we go back into the storefront and "Reduce Order Amount" to what the total is after removing back ordered items. After that we capture the order and we've only charged the customer for items that were actually shipped.

This may be a better solution for you since customers will always have the option of not storing credit card information.

Hello,

We are using MS version 9.3.1.0/9.3.1.0. We have StoreCCinDB set to true.

I thought that the Store CC info box was checked by default in v8 (which we recently updated from). In 9.3.1 it is unchecked. I think we would capture more card numbers if there was a way make the "Store" version the default. We don't want to force customers to save their card information, but we need to be able to read it at least one time.

I'll discuss the authorize option to the management here and see what they say. I know we have stayed away from this model because we got a very bad review from a customer when their credit card was authorized for some dollar amount (a pretty small one, if I remember) and then our vendor could no longer supply the item. The authorization stayed on the customer's card for a few days and they got very upset.

Thank you for the input!
    Albert

The authorization stayed on the customer's card for a few days and they got very upset.
    We deal with this also, and it is a pain in the rear! The way we handle it is to explain to the customer that it is their bank who is not removing the authorization after we've voided the order. We then offer to conference call with the customer and their bank to facilitate getting that authorization removed. In most cases, getting the customer on the phone with their bank appeases them enough to avoid losing a customer. They may not get that authorization removed immediately, but at least they understand that their bank is holding their money, not us.