Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Importing via EXCEL

Dbennett4995 is offline Member

Question Importing via EXCEL

I was looking into Revolver's Dynamic Product Selector. Using the ADNSF Excel product import template I notice the kit grouping. Would the Revolver application automatically draw off of these kits for options and accessories for the dynamic product selection? Would anyone happen to have an Excel import file that I could view.? I'm just trying to differentiate between the labels and tags within the example.

Rex is offline Banned

labels and tags?
    Can you give an example of these things that are confusing you?

Dbennett4995 is offline Member

Referencing the import sample file from http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...mportfiles.zip

My understanding is that the variants are different variations of the product whether in a different color or including different accessories. However I'm not sure about the kits. Should all of the italicized words remain in place such as KitItem, KitGroup, KitGrouDef, or DisplayOrder. We are selling commercial kitchen equipment. So something like a specific model range could come with options such as casters, s/s backsplash, different ratios of griddle length & burners, etc. Would I need to lay these options out within these kit groupings? What is Is such as IsRequired? My goal is for the customer to filter the products according to what they are looking for. Like 36" Range/24"griddle/ 2 burners/ 6" legs/ Natural Gas/ 3/4" connection hose.

Here is a snippet of the sample Excel Import File:

Kit Product (Imported) Kit Product MadeByUs, Inc. /Category 1
    KitGroupDef Name Description DisplayOrder KitGroupTypeID IsRequired
    KitGroup Motherboard Select the type of motherboard you want in your computer 1 1 1
    KitItem Name Description DisplayOrder PriceDelta IsDefault TextOptionMaxLength
    KitItem AMD 64x 1 0.00 1
    KitItem AMD 64x-2 2 100.00 0
    KitItem Intel Quad 48C 3 200.00 0
    KitGroup Memory Select how much memory you want 2 1 1
    KitItem 1GB 1 0.00 1
    KitItem 2GB 2 100.00 0
    KitItem 3GB 3 250.00 0
    KitGroup Software Options Select the bundled software you want 3 3 0
    KitItem Microsoft Office 1 450.00 1
    KitItem Visual Studio 2 350.00 0

Rex is offline Banned

KitgroupDef, KitGroup, and KitItem are definition tokens, so those are used as-is.

The italicized names after the KitGroupDef represent the information you should be putting in along the KitGroup row.
    You can leave those italic names alone in the KitGroupDef rows as they are not parsed.

The italicized fields after KitItem represent the information you supply for the KitItem. You want to replace those.
    Last edited by Rex; 11-05-2008 at 08:32 AM.