Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Current Category on XmlPackage called from Masterpage

zritter is offline Junior Member

Default Current Category on XmlPackage called from Masterpage

I need to get the ID of the category or manufacturer that a page is being called from. I can't seem to find it anywhere in the xml for a xml package called from the masterpage.

I could parse the URL, but it would fail in the product page.

I have version 9.3.1.0 and no source. Any ideas would be very helpful!

donttryathome is offline Senior Member

I'm on v8 so I don't know if it's changed but I believe the following will return category ID:

Code:
    <xsl:value-of select="/root/Runtime/EntityID" />
    Running: AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2

webopius is offline Senior Member

Hi,
    As far as I know, the ability to retrieve the last category ID (or other entity) to get the calling page was removed in v9.

It is possible to replicate this feature but you need a custom XSLT package written. This can be done without the source code. We wrote something similar for another Aspdnsf user a while ago if its of interest.

Adam