Our Multistore Version: 9.0.1.3 sp1

I’m having problems setting up a new store in multi store to use Euros. I have the following scenario:

We have 3 stores, all UK based and using GBP currency. We need a new store that will be specific to Ireland and will use the Euro currency. I’m happy for the store just to show products in Euros but to use GBP with the payment vendor.

I have setup the Euro currency (it is published) with an exchange rate. I have setup the Irish locale (en-IE) but am unsure if I need to do this. I’m happy for it to use the default locale but just show Euros.

If I set Localization.StoreCurrency and DefaultLocale to EUR and en-IE respectively I see the Euro pricing but it does not take the exchange rate into account. Looking at the code the method below returns the same amount as it is treating Localization.GetPrimaryCurrency() and TargetCurrencyCode as both Euros…

Localization.CurrencyStringForDisplayWithExchangeR ate(regularPrice, ThisCustomer.CurrencySetting);

However if I remove the Localization.StoreCurrency config the Euro currency is removed and it defaults to GBP.

How can I set up the environment to match my requirements at the top of this message?

Thanks,
Chris