Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: PayPal & Google Checkout Workflow Questions?

RedDev is offline Junior Member

Default PayPal & Google Checkout Workflow Questions?

So, I'm developing an inventory control software that will automatically remove products from the store once they are out of stock, and of course publish them back to the store once they are received back into inventory. Currently, I'm sending the cart items ordered from the store to inventory control via a JSON string. Once received by inventory control, the items are committed until they are marked as shipped, refunded or voided in the admin area. Everything is working when an order is paid for using Auth.net.

I wanted to see if someone could explain to me the process when someone checks out using PayPal Express or Google Checkout. I've notice that some orders will sit in the admin section with the status of PENDING until approved by PayPal or Google. When this happens, I commit the product in inventory control and all is good. What I'm unsure about is when a payment is not approved by PayPal or Google Checkout, the order disappears off the order admin screen and I'm not 100% sure what link Google Checkout and PayPal are using to notify the store that the order needs to be cancelled. I just need to add a line of code with the order id to the place this is happening, then my custom inventory code will take care of the rest.

Any insight that you can offer would be very helpful.

AspDotNetStoreFront version is 8.0.0.0.

Thanks,

Brian
    Last edited by RedDev; 04-24-2013 at 06:50 AM.