Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Google Experiments Leading to "The page... does not exist"

dddarewreck is offline Junior Member

Default Google Experiments Leading to "The page... does not exist"

Hello all,

I recently ran an A/B test using Google Content Experiments. At some point during the test, Google added utm_referrer tags to the end of the urls. Normally this tag is fine - we use it for email marketing, etc. However, in this case this was leading to an error message: "The page you requested does not exist." Here's an example of this kind of non-functional url:

http://www.mobilekarma.com/p-15996-a...artphones.aspx

When I remove the ".aspx" from this url it works fine. Any suggestions on how I can keep this from being a problem?

jsimacek is offline Senior Member

I think this is tripping the URL rewrites in an unfavorable manner...did you try encoding the period in the last .aspx to %2E
    Jan Simacek - Compunix, LLC
    AspDotNetStorefront trusted Devnet Partner and Reseller since 2005

AspDotNetStorefront Mods and Add-Ons at http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/
    - Searching, Filtering and Sorting (like cSearch, Dealer Locator, Price Ranges, Blog)
    - Reports (like Cart Abandonment and Net Sales)
    - Customer Experience (like Question/Answers)
    - Site and Data Management (like Entity Product Mapper, Bulk Updaters, Make/Model/Year filters)

webopius is offline Senior Member

Can you tell us what your 'product' setting looks like in your web.config's <routes> section?

The standard setting is:

<add name="Product" url="p-{ProductID}-{SEName}.aspx" ...

I suspect that in your site's case, it has been changed which is why it can't match.

I've tried your URL on another ASPDNSF site with the standard redirects and it does display a product page correctly (although of course the SEName value might be incorrect because it's matching everything up to the last .aspx in the URL)

I can see in your case, the site isn't taking the user to showproduct.aspx so the rewriting template is not matching. Instead it takes you to pagenotfound.aspx.

Adam

jrein7 is offline Junior Member

did you find anything more on this? I too am having the same issue when trying the AB test... original URL (A) has the page errors, and the 2nd URL (B) works fine... running ML 8.0.1.2 and can't find any help on the web...