Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Consistent Issues Changing the Encrypt Key

sshapiro is offline Junior Member

Question Consistent Issues Changing the Encrypt Key

We store CC's with orders until they are downloaded into our ERP system.
    The procedure that downloads the orders also wipes out the CC # field on the order in the ASPDNSF database.

So only new orders, that haven't been downloaded yet, have their CC# attached to them.

Almost every time we have to change the encrypt key, we get the error "Exception=Value cannot be null. Parameter name: dataReader" (I've removed the key in the screen shot, but I did enter one and it was longer than 8 characters)

This happens consistently. After trying a bunch of times, it will eventually work.

Is this because at the time I am trying to update, there are no "new" orders in the system with encrypted CC#s?

Is there anyway around this? Perhaps creating a dummy record?
    Attached Images Attached Images