Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Store Locator?

punchy is offline Member

Question Store Locator?

has anyone integrated with a store locator?
    we would like to add one, searching based upon customer zip code.
    Any hints or recommendations would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Last edited by punchy; 10-21-2008 at 08:34 AM. Reason: adding subscription

Alkaline is offline Senior Member

Yes,

We have made a page in the admin where you can add store locations as well as specify in store pickup at checkout. You can also set Pickup handling charges if you need to and specify if only certain customer levels have the ability to do in store pickup. You can also find stores by typing in your zip code.

I will tell you that this takes a good bit of modifications and is not something you can easily do without the source code or asp.net development experience; but it can be done with aspdnsf source code option.

punchy is offline Member

Wink great!

we are not intimidated by building custom XmlPackages, or the XSL guts. We do not have a source ode license (and I prefer it that way - I would rather build outside of the source code base to ensure seamless in the future). We have started planning to add a new "retailstores" table to the database, and having a set of custom XmlPackages to interact with it (so that we could hopefully minimize changes to "core" aspdnsf code). would you be willing to illuminate us with your general architecture for this mod?
    perhaps we could exchange "private messages" to elaborate? I have not done that yet through this forum, but i think we can figure it out...
    Thanks!
    -david

s_barber is offline Member

Default Try This Store Locater

We incorporated some .NET pages with C# code that we found here:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/MCMS/StoreLocator.aspx

It incorporates Google maps as a web service and is free. The sample is from Austrilia so you have to modify for where you are. We also had to modify from kilometers to miles and also change a few other lines of code but it works well. An example of what we ended up with is here.

http://www.tractorseats.com/FindADealer.aspx

Good luck.

rnissen is offline Junior Member

Default Store Locator

Anyone have a store locator in use that's newer than 2008? (Custom, add-on or api)

ccoddington is offline Junior Member

This is a pretty simple thing to do and no modifications to source are necessary. While I don't have anything off the shelf to provide you, I suspect I could deliver this in 16 hours (requirements, development, cross-browser/functional testing, delivery/installation). This would include:

1. Database Script
    2. Admin Page (for CRUD operations)
    3. XML Package
    Chris Coddington
    Aydus Consulting
    Office: 800-419-0391 x303
    Direct: 213-785-8201
    Mobile: 818-675-1066
    chris@aydus.com
    www.aydus.com