Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Reports Wishlist

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Default Reports Wishlist

We are looking to add some additional reports to the admin site in a future release, so I thought I would check with the folks actually running the reports to see what kind of functionality you would like to see.

Let us know what you would like, and perhaps it will make it into an upcoming build

Thanks,

Dan

guptaat is offline Member

Default Orders with Particular Item

It will be usefull to get a report of all orders that have a specific product and a variant in them. We do not show orders as shipped till each and every item has been shipped and have to go back and look at each and every order manually one by one to see who ordered the item we got back in stock.
    I am guessing it will be useful for others too.
    Last edited by Jesse; 10-21-2008 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Signature removed, hyperlink does not follow security advisories.

Roxannemm is offline Junior Member

Default Cart Contents

It would be very useful to have a report which shows the contents of abandoned carts.

xavier@elysmail.net is offline Junior Member

Default Change the hide product to hide variant

About this :
    For multi-variant products, the inventory level for the default variant is used to determine if a product is shown. If the default variant has less than N, the product won’t be shown, even if other variants have inventory > N

Why hide all variants if some can still be sold ?
    >> In product.VariantsInDropDown.xml.config, there should only be variants that have still inventory > 0.

Thanks

Xavier

doncote is offline Junior Member

I'd like to see a GROUP BY affiliate on the Orders page. We use affiliates to track our ads and it would be cool to be able to see the breakdown by affiliate/ad by day, month, year, etc.

tito is offline Senior Member

Reports do not show Colors or sizes .. would be nice to have ...
    Gordon

tuffy is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roxannemm View Post
    It would be very useful to have a report which shows the contents of abandoned carts.
    I second this request. No one has been able to tell me how to even find out how many abandoned carts there have been. Any help?

rwxjamie is offline Junior Member

i was just looking at the admin dashboard page, you can change the stats shown by week / month etc, but how about by a specific date range?
    also by last 30/60/90 days?

thanks!

SRT is offline Senior Member

Referrers by order.

toofast is offline Senior Member

Really easy ones:
    1. add "cost" row to orders report
    2. add "average order amount" to orders report

Tough one:
    A report to help retailers know which items to re-order from their vendors. So, this would basically be a suped up best sellers report. This would give us huge advantage over competition. Report could tell us best sellers in last 7, 30, 60 days. Remaining Inventory. On-pace to sell out by xx/xx/xxxx. etc

Referrers by order.
    i second this one.

Search stats:
    I'd love to know what people are searching for on my site.

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Keep them coming We are still watching this thread just so everyone is aware.

Report of users who do or don't wish to receive emails.

toofast is offline Senior Member

you have "orders by category" but not "orders by manufacturer".

also, the "order by category" report would be cool if we could see month over month sales for all categories. this would tell us best categories so we know which categories should be highlighted. if we see a category is trending up, we can feature that category or invest more in it.

sandman is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SRT View Post
    Report of users who do or don't wish to receive emails.
    I second this one too.

Also: Referrer by order - absolutely!

Finally, it would be very useful to have the "Reports" link display on the navigation bar along side of: Misc Orders Taxes Shipping - instead of having to drill down a menu for the "Reports" drop down menu. I would think most store owners use the "reports" section multiple times a day. Having the "Reports" much easier to access on the navigation bar would be a great improvement over the constant drilling down to get to it.

Have the option to export reports in xls, txt or csv formats in addition to XML. This also includes the main "Manage Customers" section of the admin module.

DotNetDevelopments is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by toofast View Post
    you have "orders by category" but not "orders by manufacturer".

also, the "order by category" report would be cool if we could see month over month sales for all categories. this would tell us best categories so we know which categories should be highlighted. if we see a category is trending up, we can feature that category or invest more in it.
    We second this, would be great to show orders by manufacturer, by product.

Also, we'd like to see a report that shows the top customers by value and by number of orders over a date period.
    =====
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront MSx 9.1.0.1/9.1.0.0
    Execution Mode: 64 Bit
    Dot Net Developments - E-commerce By Experience

MarcJ is offline Senior Member

I just got asked for a report that breaks down sales by credit card type / PO based on a date range.

Was also asked why there isn't a "Print Report" button. I know they can just print the page, however, they would like to print a report that doesn't include the stuff at the top of the page.

ahaid is offline Junior Member

Default Export to Excel

Have the option to export reports in xls, txt or csv formats in addition to XML. This also includes the main "Manage Customers" section of the admin module.
    I second this one!!

Default Export to Excel

I second this request.

Default Orders Yet to be fulfilled

I would like a report of all orders and the products in them that have yet to be fulfilled/shipped. That way we could just print off the report and head out into the warehouse to start packing the packages.

AndrewG is offline Junior Member

Please refer to this article about custom reports. IT works very well.

https://support.aspdotnetstorefront....barticleid=212

Just a thought!

AndrewG is offline Junior Member

In the Orders Bulk Printing Report i would like to see under the Ship to address column also the email address and what type of transactions it it like CC or purchase order etc.

thank you

Andrew

nihon is offline Senior Member

How about monthly statements... that's a kind of report..
    Would be great to have for does using the system for BTB and Wholesale business.

Thank you
    Version (Code/DB):
    AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.1.2.0/8.1.2.0

Mortifier is offline Member

Another for an Inventory Report, with sizes, to filter by manufacturer based on a selectable quantity for the purposes of reordering.

Mortifier is offline Member

Also for Orders, the ability to filter by Country, and also product on the order.

Thanks.

garyjj127 is offline Junior Member

A customisable despatch note would be a great idea. I run a site where items are sometimes out of stock, with a lead time of a week or so. If a customer orders 2 items & 1 is out of stock, it would be nie to amend the despatch note to show that the other item will follow on.

Sheraz is offline Junior Member

I think reports does not show any colors or sizes. A report can be create which can be helpful for retailers when they want to go for re-order from the vendors. It would provide a competitive edge on competitors. This report would indicate the sellers performance of last XX days.

sambazon is offline Junior Member

Default custom report for coupons / coupon description

we export our orders into our accounting system and would love to be able to allocate coupon-ing to different departments. so.. what i would love is a order report for all orders with an additional column for coupon code used (if applicable) and if so coupon description (where we add allocated budget) and be able to export all of this to excel.

kaezr is offline Member

Default [checkout shipping] In-Store Pickup: list of pickup points

My shop has many sales outlets, so if the user chooses In-Store Pickup as shipping method, I'd like him to choose a pickup point from a list.

I'm trying to do it myself, we talk about it here
    http://forums.aspdotnetstorefront.co....php?p=76039#5

I'm posting FYI, maybe it could be an interesting feature..
    Running AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.4

lambrite is offline Senior Member

I second this.

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default Related Products Report

Be nice to know what products a product is a related or upsell product. If you take a product off-line you want to know what products are affected.

Default Product sales by date

I'd like a report that shows the sales of particular products or categories by date to see how a promotion or new product works or how seasonality affects sales.

Default Gift wrapping

A report of all products that were giftwrapped. Of course, you will have added gift wrapping to your product!!!!!!!!

Default Kit and Pack products

Nice to see what products were purchased as part of a kit or pack.

96spec is offline Member

For reports on Failed Transaction, having more detailed information such as the order SKU # or Product name would help allow the staff to quickly follow up on declined transactions and help convert over more sales.

I think the Search stats would also be huge.

Bastian33o2 is offline Member

Default Dynamic Products with Price

It would be nice to have price displayed in all the dynamic product pages (bestsellers, recently viewed products, related products, etc.)
    MultiStore 9.3.1.1

Default Payment Method

Add Wire Transfer as a payment method.

Add ability to specify payment methods for given customer level.

For example:

Retail customers - credit cards
    Wholesale customers - credit cards, checks
    Export customers - Wire Transfer

That would be very helpful.
    MultiStore 9.3.1.1

Default Minimum Order Amount

I would like to be able to specify minimum order amount per customer level. For example:

Retail Customer - no minimum

Wholesale Customer - $500 minimum

Export Customer - $2000 minimum
    MultiStore 9.3.1.1

Default Discounts based on $ amount

Right now under "Pricing and Promotion" we have only quantity discounts. It would be nice to have also discounts based on $ amount. For example, purchase $500 worth of products, get 10% discount, buy $1000 worth of products, get 15% discount.

Also, it would be nice to be able to assign discounts to customer levels, i.e. Retail only, etc.
    Last edited by Bastian33o2; 02-05-2010 at 08:27 AM.
    MultiStore 9.3.1.1

Dalez is offline Junior Member

Default more reports

For me knowing which manufacturers that have no products would be nice so I can unpublish them if nessasary.

Garf is offline Senior Member

Default AJAX Address Finder

The ability to have an AJAX address finder/filler would be nice.
    I see it as a config where you could set your requests and map the responses.

Especially on the multiship pages. I've written one in 8 and it's a pain to rewrite it in 9 now.

Sharona is offline Member

Lightbulb Custom Report Enhancements

Seems like report wishes can be never ending. I like the custom report, but would like to be able to export the results to excel,pdf, and xml

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Sharona,

Compunix has a nice addon that while not really a report it can be used as a report tool. Essentially it allows you to write sql and execute it from within the admin. The result then can be exported to excel. The top (I think 10) sql statements are stored for you so you can rerun this same report without having to rewrite it.

I personally use this tool daily .. initially I had them write it as I was on a shared server and didnt have access to sql server management studio to run inventory reports ... im now on dedicated and have access but I love this tool so much I keep using it.

jo@vortx.com is offline Administrator

Yes, I've got clients who love the Compunix addon too. Jan, if you're reading this - make sure that we put it on the Extensions Marketplace, will you please? Please feel free to post a link here, too .... I have snarked at a few people for "blatant marketing" on this forum, but I want the message to be clear - if there is a member on this forum actively seeking help and someone else is actively marketing the solution, then for the seller to use the forum to point at a solution is absolutely fine. Encouraged, actually.
    Jo Benson
    COO
    Vortx / AspDotNetStorefront

jsimacek is offline Senior Member

Thank you all so much guys! We very much appreciate your kind words here [blushing]. The link to the Get SQL Data report is here: http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/p-5...torefront.aspx
    Jan Simacek - Compunix, LLC
    AspDotNetStorefront trusted Devnet Partner and Reseller since 2005

AspDotNetStorefront Mods and Add-Ons at http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/
    - Searching, Filtering and Sorting (like cSearch, Dealer Locator, Price Ranges, Blog)
    - Reports (like Cart Abandonment and Net Sales)
    - Customer Experience (like Question/Answers)
    - Site and Data Management (like Entity Product Mapper, Bulk Updaters, Make/Model/Year filters)

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

Don't blush Jan - it's deserved - this is indeed an awesome tool - I too use it daily & wouldn't be without it.

TTFN

BFG

pjevans is offline Junior Member

I guess for me, a report on customers would be helpful. I know you can pull them up in the customers.aspx page, but a custom report that actually displays your customers and not just counts them. Or just grant the ability to export the customer list from customers.aspx.

MerryJones is offline Junior Member

I would think most store owners use the "reports" section multiple times a day. Having the "Reports" much easier to access on the navigation bar would be a great improvement over the constant drilling down to get to it.

Deri6ck78 is offline Junior Member

Hello, you mean like this one http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/p-1...torefront.aspx ? :-)

- Searching, Filtering and Sorting (like cSearch, Dealer Locator, Price Ranges, Blog)
    - Site and Data Management (like Entity Product Mapper, Bulk Updaters, Make/Model/Year filters)

esedirect is offline Senior Member

Here's a FREE report! Put it into your CustomReport section.

Code:
    select 
    	c.CustomerID, 
    	c.email, 
    	productid, 
    	variantid, 
    	productsku, 
    	quantity, 
    	productprice, 
    	(quantity * productprice) as [Value], 
    	sc.createdon, 
    	c.firstname, 
    	c.lastname 
    from shoppingcart as sc (nolock) 
    join customer as c (nolock) on c.customerid=sc.customerid 
    join address as a (nolock) on c.billingaddressid=a.addressid 
    where isregistered=1 
    order by c.customerid desc, sc.createdon
    Importantly this reports only the registered customers, as opposed to abandoned baskets of window-shoppers.
    http://www.esedirect.co.uk
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Using MS 9.2.0.0 with the following customisations:

Lightbox/Fancybox enlarged images;
    Auto-suggest searchbox;
    Extra product information shown only to our IP Address (such as supplier info, costs, etc.);
    Failed transactions emailed via trigger;
    Custom app to show basket contents when customer online;
    Orders pushed through to accounting systems.

All the above without source!

tommy@therave.com is offline Junior Member

Default Full Sales Report

I'd love to see a REAL sales report

CATEGORY A
    product A1 with quantity sold and extended prices
    product A2 with quantity sold and extended prices
    TOTAL CATEGORY A

CATEGORY B
    product B1 with quantity sold and extended prices
    product B2 with quantity sold and extended prices
    TOTAL CATEGORY B

TOTAL DISCOUNTS
    TOTAL SALES TAX
    TOTAL SHIPPING

GRAND TOTAL

Default mobile sales vs traditional sales

I'd like to be able to see a breakout between online and mobile sales.

Default Low Inventory Report

I'd like to see a low inventory report.

Let us designate the threshold. If below that threshold, it shows up on report.

Default Total sales by hour report

I'd like to see an Hourly Sales Report. Every good cash register has one, why not ASPDNSF?

if my newsletter goes out at 3pm, I'd love to see if that affected sales, without having to log in at 3pm and see what my total was prior to the email going out.

Angelphyre is offline Junior Member

Default Image Audit

It would be good to have a report that shows Products/Variants and the image name associated with the product/variant and/or if it is Null. We have a lot of customers ask for this type of report on the various sites we have built.

Hmm, it sounds like you are after a missing images report for products? We have one for that: http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/p-1...torefront.aspx

TomCree is offline Junior Member

Default re

I'd like to see a GROUP BY affiliate on the Orders page. We use affiliates to track our ads and it would be cool to be able to see the breakdown by affiliate/ad by day, month, year, etc.

Guys, you might be interested in this report which does the grouping and ordering information like that (on top of showing ordered items etc): http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/p-2...torefront.aspx