Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How to manually reset user password in vs. 7.x?

LPBR is offline Junior Member

Default How to manually reset user password in vs. 7.x?

Hi,

I am having this issue where the user tried to reset his password but it didn't work (system is not accepting the new password). I would like to reset it manually and give to him a temporary password that makes more sense to him than the usual random generated one with characters that he cannot find easily in his keyboard. I should mention that this user is not too much used to computers.

How can I do that?

I created a test user and tried to set a new password directly in the database with saltkey -1, but when I try to login this test account I receive the 'invalid login' message.

Any thoughts?

mmcgeachy is offline Senior Member

The easiest way I can think to do this would be to go into the admin and bring up the user. Then manually set the password there. In 7.1.0.0 this button was called "Forcefully Set New Password". Do note that this password in most cases should be temporary. Once the customer logs in they should be prompted to change passwords.

LPBR is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mmcgeachy View Post
    The easiest way I can think to do this would be to go into the admin and bring up the user. Then manually set the password there. In 7.1.0.0 this button was called "Forcefully Set New Password". Do note that this password in most cases should be temporary. Once the customer logs in they should be prompted to change passwords.
    Thanks, it worked perfectly!