Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Questions regarding the attachment of images to Mailing Manager

makoto is offline Junior Member

Default Questions regarding the attachment of images to Mailing Manager

I want to send an e-mail out and attach an image to it.

I go to the Mailing Manager page, and then click on the icon to attach an image.

The window shown below opens up. It has some "Lorem ipsum" default text on it still. I click on the icon to browse...

And then another window opens up that has a file not found error. The URL is not pointing to the right place. How can I go about fixing this?

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

A recent (or somewhat recent) firefox update broke the HTML editor on some older carts. It is fairly simple to fix. Just copy (NOT CUT AND PASTE) the /admin/assetmanager folder to /admin/editor/assetmanager. A (MUCH) better idea would be to update to the 7.1.1.0 build, which uses the RADEditor throughout. This is a much more modern HTML Editor and has some very cool features that Innova did not have. It also works much more seamlessly.

- Dan
    Last edited by DanV; 10-15-2008 at 01:02 PM.

fit2page is offline Junior Member

Default Mailing Manager Editor versions

Hi,

I have following version which has still the Innova editor on the Mailing Manager page:

License Status: OK
    Page Name: /Beheer/about.aspx
    License ID: FC8D8029-62EB-42EE-85AE-DB2EA560B85F
    License Created On: 10/28/2009 10:46:04
    License Product Name AspDotNetStorefront ML
    License Product Version: 8.0.1.2
    License Domain: www.carnavalswereld.nl
    Assembly Name: AspDotNetStorefront ML
    Assembly Version: 8.0.1.1
    Assembly Domain: www.carnavalswereld.nl
    Product Level: ML
    Product Is ML: True

What to do to get the RadEditor on that page too?

Regards,
    Marc

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Changing that over to use the RAD editor would not be a real simple change. The best thing to do would be to upgrade to version 9, which uses the RAD editor on that page. The mailing manager has actually been largely rewritten in the latest version and allows for more flexibility and performs better on large email 'blasts'.