Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Changing the default skin

Dbennett4995 is offline Member

Default Changing the default skin

I'm a newbie attempting to change the default skin. I move the default skin1 folder which was originally configured out of the root folder. I then moved my new skin into the skins folders yet named the same (skin1). Now I'm getting an error on both the temp URL and related Admin which states the following:

The file '/skins/skin_1/template.ascx' does not exist.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The file '/skins/skin_1/template.ascx' does not exist.

Source Error: ...

Source File: d:\Domains\thekitchenguys.com\wwwroot\App_Code\Ski nBase.cs Line: 560

I am copying this skin from a previous site, so when I reference the indicated source file within both the new and old sites, line 560 is iddentical.
    Can anyone help?

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Verify that you are using the correct skin id and that the file actually exists. Also, when uploading files from another machine you can run into permission issues. Verify that the ASPNET and/or NETWORK SERVICE accounts have read access to the file...if they don't it will appear as if the file doesn't exist.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dbennett4995 View Post
    I then moved my new skin into the skins folders yet named the same (skin1).
    Can you confirm EXACTLY what you have named the skin folder?
    It should be ' Skin_1 '

TTFN

BFG

Dbennett4995 is offline Member

Problem solved! I had switched out the current componentart file with an older version.