Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Temporary Text

PerfectMagic is offline Junior Member

Default Temporary Text

I am currently using version 9 ML for a single store. I have a category called New Products using "entity,gridwithprices.xml.config" option. When I add new products to the category I do not always delete the previous entries. I would like to differentiate the new items from the previous ones by adding the word "new" in a corner of the image or in the title above the price. It should be easy to add and remove like the sale price option. I did try to add the word there but it will only appear if there is a price to go with it. This is not an option for me. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Skriver is offline Senior Member

I would suggest looking at adding the text in the Extension Data field if you are not using it. Then call that into the XML Package where you want the "New Product" text to appear. Then once the product is no longer a new one remove the wording from the extension data.

There used to be a nice addon from Vibe Commerce that allowed you to put an icon over an image but looking at their website it appears to have been withdrawn. This was a much easier way as it just meant mapping the product to a second category or manufacturer and the icon appeared.

You could try contacting them to see if they still sell it

http://www.vibecommerce.com/contact.htm

Smile Thank you

Thank you. I will try this and let you know.

Default Temporary Text

I am trying the suggestion made. I've entered the words into the extension field of the product. Now I am stuck on how to Call that into the XML package. Please help. I would go to our administrator but they are on vacation now and for the next couple of weeks. i am trying to do this by myself.

donttryathome is offline Senior Member

First edit the SQL query at the top of your XML package to include p.ExtensionData then call it in the XML package like this:

Code:
    <xsl:value-of select="ExtensionData" />
    Running: AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2

Question Temporary text

Quote Originally Posted by donttryathome View Post
    First edit the SQL query at the top of your XML package to include p.ExtensionData then call it in the XML package like this:

Code:
    <xsl:value-of select="ExtensionData" />
    I am completely at a loss as to how to accomplish the above instructions. I cannot find a way to edit the SQL query. Obviously I haven't gotten to the second part. I am kind of new at this and maybe I am biting off more than I can chew.

Red face

Thanks all. The problem is solved. My administrator is back from holidays and set it up for us.