Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How to make left nav menus flyout like the horizontal menus drop down ver 9.3 and 8.4

rcvjmv is offline Junior Member

Question How to make left nav menus flyout like the horizontal menus drop down ver 9.3 and 8.4

I am looking for direction on getting my left navigation menus to flyout with sub menus, like the horizontal menus do across the top. I'm just looking for some input as to if it is in the CSS, XML package or something else...stock store. This seems to be the same for my live store on Version 8.3. See it at www.coinvalparts.com. I would like the left nav to operate in a similar fasion to the top menu drop downs....Thanks

donttryathome is offline Senior Member

rev.categories.xml.config is the XML package that populates the left navigation menu. Look in this file to find the CSS classes you'll need to modify to make them fly out.
    Running: AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2

rcvjmv is offline Junior Member

Default Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by donttryathome View Post
    rev.categories.xml.config is the XML package that populates the left navigation menu. Look in this file to find the CSS classes you'll need to modify to make them fly out.
    I found the xml, and as your screen name implies, I don't think I want to try it at home. I am no programmer in this stuff, I am a cut and paste bang it out type (probably not good). I will continue to try to figure it out...at least I know where to look....thanks again