Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Rad Editor stripping <script> tags...

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

Question Rad Editor stripping <script> tags...

Hi All,

I know this has been discussed & fixed before in Versions 6,7 & 8.
    & I know the question has been discussed in relation to version 9.

But I'm not clear what the answer is for version 9!

I see there are a few posts where people have linked to a now dead knowledgebase page.

What is the solution (for 9.3.0.0)?

TTFN

BFG

mmcgeachy is offline Senior Member

For 9.3 it is adding AllowScripts="true" to the control. http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...not-saved.aspx gives a few examples of where that would be. Hope that helps.

Thanks Mate,

That didn't seem to work for me (it did point me in the right direction though).

Here's what I (already) had in /Admin/Controls/TopicEditor.ascx :-

Code:
                    <tcontrol:RadEditor runat="server" AllowScripts="true" RadControlsDir="rad" id="radDescription" ContentFilters="DefaultFilters">
                                        <ImageManager UploadPaths="~/Images" ViewPaths="~/Images" DeletePaths="~/Images" />
                                        <DocumentManager UploadPaths="~/Images" ViewPaths="~/Images" DeletePaths="~/Images" />
                                        <FlashManager UploadPaths="~/Images" ViewPaths="~/Images" DeletePaths="~/Images" />
                                        <MediaManager UploadPaths="~/Images" ViewPaths="~/Images" DeletePaths="~/Images" />
                                        <SilverlightManager UploadPaths="~/Images" ViewPaths="~/Images" DeletePaths="~/Images" />
                                        <TemplateManager UploadPaths="~/Images" ViewPaths="~/Images" DeletePaths="~/Images" />
                    </tcontrol:RadEditor>

I modified it as follows :-

Code:
                    <tcontrol:RadEditor runat="server" AllowScripts="true" RadControlsDir="rad" id="radDescription" ContentFilters="ConvertToXhtml">
                                        <ImageManager UploadPaths="~/Images" ViewPaths="~/Images" DeletePaths="~/Images" />
                                        <DocumentManager UploadPaths="~/Images" ViewPaths="~/Images" DeletePaths="~/Images" />
                                        <FlashManager UploadPaths="~/Images" ViewPaths="~/Images" DeletePaths="~/Images" />
                                        <MediaManager UploadPaths="~/Images" ViewPaths="~/Images" DeletePaths="~/Images" />
                                        <SilverlightManager UploadPaths="~/Images" ViewPaths="~/Images" DeletePaths="~/Images" />
                                        <TemplateManager UploadPaths="~/Images" ViewPaths="~/Images" DeletePaths="~/Images" />

I didn't necessarily need ConvertToXhtml, but removing the ContentFilters reference altogether didn't seem to work.

TTFN

BFG

mmcgeachy is offline Senior Member

Ah yes forgot that in some versions the content filter/s will still override things. If you don't want any of the content filters. You can set it to none. Which would be:

Code:
    <tcontrol:RadEditor runat="server" AllowScripts="true" RadControlsDir="rad" id="radDescription" ContentFilters="None">
    For more information on the content filters go to http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-a...t-filters.html.

Cool - Thanks Mate !!

TTFN

BFG