Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Request: Customization Book

EggsForBreakfast is offline Member

Default Request: Customization Book

Hi,

We have a suggestion/request - it would be great if there was a book available which described in detail how to modify each page of the storefront - each control, from styling to behaviour modifications, and how to do that with or without source code, with the appropriate notes specific to IS and ML.

There are so many things that I have learned on the forum that I couldn't find documented anywhere else and it is very slow going. Paying for the source code is an option but you still have to figure out how to do what you want to do on your own. We also bought the XSLT book which is great but still not specific enough to ASPDNSF.

Having a complete, detailed reference would be GREAT and something we would gladly pay for.

Just an idea!

fsantos is offline Senior Member

I would pay $50 for a "Resource Toolkit", and another $50 for a "Programmers Toolkit" with all the extra detailed info. I have source code option but I agreed it would be great to have info compiled from the forum and other "inside info".

If too many people are willing to pay for that, maybe ADNSF can actually put some resources on that and release an ebook or something similar.

I'm ready to pay

fsantos

Rob is offline Senior Member

Suggestion heard, you will find Scott will be dramatically improving a lot of our documentation and dev docs is one area he will be getting to.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart