Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Feature Request

ccoddington is offline Junior Member

Default Feature Request

Please consider making XmlPackage paths configurable via web.config or appconfig.
    Chris Coddington
    Aydus Consulting
    Office: 800-419-0391 x303
    Direct: 213-785-8201
    Mobile: 818-675-1066
    chris@aydus.com
    www.aydus.com

ccoddington is offline Junior Member

Default RouteTable

We're often requested to make changes that break considerably from functionality that a particular page may provide. While we try very hard to not change source, we also try very hard not to change the files found in the solution's web folder. The way we accomplish this is through the route table that you've provided in the web-config. As an example, if I need to change search to use another provider, I will typically create a path like this in the web folder:

/local/aydus/nextopia/default.aspx

In order to make this page respond to /search.aspx, I will add a like like this to the web.config's route table section:

<add name="Search" url="search.aspx" virtualPath="~/local/aydus/nextopia/default.aspx" checkPhysicalUrlAccess="false" />

This setup works great for pages that do not exist, however, in this particular case the page (search.aspx) exists and the route will not work. In order to make this route as intended, I modify:

/app_code/RegisterRoutes.cs

to have the following code on line 30:

RouteTable.Routes.RouteExistingFiles = true;

While one line may not make a huge difference it is cumulative. When having to upgrade a store, one line in many places can be the difference between a 5 minute upgrade and a 1 week upgrade.
    Chris Coddington
    Aydus Consulting
    Office: 800-419-0391 x303
    Direct: 213-785-8201
    Mobile: 818-675-1066
    chris@aydus.com
    www.aydus.com