Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Setting Up Local Installation

albert_tf is offline Member

Default Setting Up Local Installation

Hello,

I am just starting with a AspDotNetStorefront and I am installing it on my local XP machine. Everything was fine until I got to the Adding the ASPNET User Account to the SQLServerExpress Logins. When I get to the Select User or Group List, ASPNET is not there. I checked to make sure IIS is running and ASP.NET 2.0 was applied. I don't want to go any further until I get this solved. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Albert

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

The ASPNET account is created during the installation of ASP.NET and the .NET Framework. It is called <machinename>\ASPNET (or <domainname>\ASPNET if you are part of a domain).

If it's not there, you'll need to reinstall ASP.NET by opening a Console window, navigating to c:\windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.0.50727 and running "aspnet_regiis -i". This command will reinstall ASP.NET and re-create the ASPNET user.
    Jon Wolthuis

Default OK, problem solved!

OK, thanks!

I repaired the installation and that worked.

Thanks for the help!

Default Need help in finishing local install

Hello,

I got everything done, except when I right-clicked on the AspDotNetStorefront and chose "browse" I got a logon box for my local computer (i.e. 192.168.1.212)

I put in administrator & password, but I got a "You are not authorized to view this page"

Other questions:
    Do I have to add the IUSR_xxx account to the database?
    Do I have to add the IUSR_xxx account to the /web folder? (The instructions don't see to be too explicit about IUSR account)

I also got an error message from the console, so I am going to try to reboot to see if this helps.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!
    Albert

Rex is offline Banned

Hi,

IUSR does not need DB access. Give it read permission on the web folder.

Smile Ok, problem solved!

Ok,

I went to the AspDotNetStorefront properties from the IIS console and added "default.aspx" to the documents settings. I then moved it to the top of the list. That solved the problem with browsing to the store from IIS. When I opened the default store in IE, this is the address:

http://192.168.1.212/AspDotNetStorefront/default.aspx

This does not work:

http://localhost/AspDotNetStorefront/default.aspx

I'm not sure whis this is, but I hope this might help others who are stuck on the last step. It might be that I am working in a domain here locally and we have some other SQL Servers & IIS servers running on the same domain?

Thanks! I can start working on our storefront!
    Albert

Rex is offline Banned

Hi Albert,

These are all base IIS administration problems you are running into. If you are going to be running/managing a storefront I would suggest purchasing a basic IIS Administration guidebook and reading up on what you are surly going to need to know in the future.

Default Setup License

Ok, thanks! I will look into an IIS book...

Another question:

How to you apply the local license? I could not find any information on this in the manual.

Thanks!
    Albert

Default Localhost problem solved

Yes, I see there are things to learn with IIS.

The Default Web Site IP Address setting had the exact IP address of the machine instead of "(All Unassigned)". I changed that and the localhost now works.

Thanks,
    Albert

Rex is offline Banned

Hi

Put the .licx file in the images directory found in the root directory of your storefront application.

Then restart the application.