Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Customizeable Products

keith.storm@acumenit.com is offline Junior Member

Default Customizeable Products

Hello. I'm very new to AspDotNetStorefront, but I do have a good bit of ASP.NET experience. We have purchased the ML version of the cart with source code, but I'm a little lost in where to begin. I need to set the cart up so that customers can select a product, select the color of the product, select an imprint color, and upload a photo. Customers will be buying mugs, shirts, etc, and we will be printing their logos on them, so we need the users to be able to upload a file.

I've figured out how to setup the product colors, but i'm sure i'll need to modify the source code to handle the imprint color and upload file. Could someone please direct me as to what I may do to accomplish these tasks? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Jesse is offline Banned

You don't need to modify the source code at all. Kit products already incorporate the use of File Upload in order to make the product, as one of the kit group options. Turn your product into a kit in the product manager by clicking "Yes" for "IsAKit" and then click the "Edit Kit" hyperlink to create the kit's group options. Make sure to include file upload as one of them, and set the description to explain your filesize limitations and file type limitations to the customer.

keith.storm@acumenit.com is offline Junior Member

Thanks! I'll give that a try.