Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Modify web.config problems

blizard is offline Junior Member

Default Modify web.config problems

I have recently purchased a copy of aspdotnetsf ML and I am at the stage of configuring the locale to be UK GB based only. I have amended the web.config file but I am having problems uploading back onto the server. It is saying there is an error.

I am very new to this software so apologize for the silly question if it has a simple answer.

The company I have purchased it from are currently hosting it for staging purposes, so im thinking this may be a reason why? Do they set permissions for the files that I cant change?

Any response would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Gemma

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

What is the error message that you are getting?
    Jon Wolthuis

[L] 550 Web.config: Access is denied.
    [L] Transfer Failed!

Rex is offline Banned

Tell your hosting provider to give your own FTP account write access to your files.
    Last edited by Rob; 09-17-2008 at 10:30 PM.

All sorted now...I emailed them to set the correct permissions and now it works fine.

Thanks
    Gemma