Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Multipage Control In VS/ Custom product entry page

lambrite is offline Senior Member

Default Multipage Control In VS/ Custom product entry page

I need to create some custom entry pages for adding and editing products. I want to use the entityEditProducts.aspx page as a starting point, but viewing in Visual Studio gives errors on the MultiPage control. It builds OK, I just can't view it, which makes it difficult to modify

As a side note, I'm creating a custom page to handle price splits between multiple internal accounts (so a product has 10% of cost go to a shipping acct, 3% go to a processing acct, and the remaining 87% to a proceed acct) that differ for each product. I plan to store these values in the extension data of the inventory and then of the actual purchase. If there is a better way to handle this, I am all ears.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Rob is offline Senior Member

What are your custom pages going to do exactly. Not sure that is the right starting page...

RE: extensiondata usage...that's fine. We often store Xml fragments in ExtensionData, as long as they are easy to add/edit/update/manage and don't cause perf degradation. Those are the only considerations, other than that, it's a free ntext (nvarchar max) field for you to use how you see best.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

lambrite is offline Senior Member

I want a simpler add/edit product page where the single product variant is pulled up to the initial point of entry, and I want to ensure that the item price and the (custom) account splits total up the same. My admin users are not going to remember how to find the extension data tab to add that information; it needs to be on the same screen as the price. If a custom page isn't the best way to acheive that, please let me know.

Jesse is offline Banned

I'm guessing you're trying to make this easier on the employees to enter these price modifications into ExtensionData, and you're afraid they will not remember the tab? You can edit the entityEditProducts.aspx page to include these as three separate validated fields (numeric), and in the entityEditProducts.aspx.vb/*.cs codebehind, verify that the three fields add up to what you'd like, create the XML string, and populate the ExtensionData field programatically. This would also ensure that the XML data was always inserted in valid and well formed format.