Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: forgot password

think_7500 is offline Member

Default forgot password

so i am the only super user on my storefront and when the time came to change my password i tried to do that, with no avail. When I tried to have my password sent to my e-mail, I dont receive any e-mail with the password. Can I change my password through ftp? if so, where should i go, what should i do? If not, is there another way to go about getting back into the admin section?

Jesse is offline Banned

You can change your password in the SQL database. To do so, follow this guideline.

so where i am stuck now is trying to connect to the database... is this something that I have to create or can I pull this from the ftp and move it over?

ASPDNSF Staff – Eirol is offline Senior Member

Where is your database server located?? Is it hosted??

yes, i believe my database server is hosted.

Jesse is offline Banned

You have to install SQL Server manager, and gain access to your database. The host may or may not have permissions set up to govern connectivity, so you may have to contact them in regards to the connection string (Or if they have a proprietary tool to connect with). You can download the toolset here.

ross is offline Junior Member

Default I Have this 2

I have this problem now i can get into my admin section it is hosted by asp how can i changed it so i can get in