Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Improving url rewriting

avatel is offline Junior Member

Default Improving url rewriting

Hi,

At the time being, url rewriting discard accentued characters from the url. Working in a language that uses a lot of accentued character (french), I would prefer to have them replaced by their equivalent unaccentued character.
    ie : 'crème réparatrice' would be rewritten in 'creme-reparatrice' instead of 'crme-rparatrice'.

Does somebody knows if it's possible ?

Thanks in advance. Best regards,
    Arno

Jesse is offline Banned

My suggestion would be to find where the URL is being rewritten, do a generic replace around the string removing those characters for regular equivelents, and then pass it through. Unless I'm misunderstanding the question, it's really an easy solution.

avatel is offline Junior Member

Hi,

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing.
    I was talking about the way ADNSF renames products or category pages.
    For example, a product #16 called 'Crème mains réparatrice' would become 'p-16-crme-mains-rparatrice.aspx'.

From what I saw in code, we cannot manage the way ADNSF creates the SEName except by modifying the function in the source code.

It would be nice to be able in the future to indicate in AppConfig a range of characters to be replaced by another. Is this something doable ?

Best regards,
    Arno

Jesse is offline Banned

It's most definitely worth looking into. I'll forward this thread to the Dev team to look at.

trestian is offline Junior Member

i need this one also..did ay one got a solution for this one?