Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Email notification low number of inventory

michaelt is offline Member

Default Email notification low number of inventory

Is there a way that system will automatically email to site admin (or distributor) that certain product is getting low inventory and time to stock up again?

Like if Product : XYZ reachs to 5 instock, it will email admin saying this product XYZ is 5, time to restock

Thanks for your help

Jesse is offline Banned

There is no current AppConfig to enforce emails to the admin about a low stock. However, this can be added to the site through customization of the OrderConfirmation logic. This is when inventory is decremented. You can create a "LowCount" Appconfig, and query on it to see if the new productinventory needs an email sent out or not. It would take a bit of moderate customization.

iberniztok is offline Junior Member

Can anybody share their method for solving this issue? I dont see a way to check inventory in the solution, but only in the stored procedure 'adjustinventory'. how would one send an email while checking for low inventory?

Thanks

mbertulli is offline Senior Member

You'd have to build something custom. I'd recommend hooking up an event handler on the NewOrder event that checks the orders products inventory levels and either marks something in a database somewhere or sends out a simple e-mail notification.
    Matthew Bertulli
    Demac Media
    mbertulli@demacmedia.com
    Custom Web Design & E-Commerce Development
    AspDotNetStoreFront Platinum DevNet Partner
    ----

Custom Skinning & Design
    Web Services Integration
    Custom Reporting
    Salesforce.com eCommerce AspDotNetStoreFront Integration

iberniztok is offline Junior Member

Thank you for the quick reply! Yes i will go that route since it seems like a more modular approach. For the event.default.xml.config package... are the nodes under the EventData nodes the querystring variables that get posted to the 'post url' ?
    so in my page that i create to listen to this event... am i retrieving the querystring variable OrderNumber?

Thanks!