Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Gift Registry with images

u4cmedia is offline Junior Member

Default Gift Registry with images

Is there a way to enable images to show on the Gift Registry page item list for peoples gift registries?
    Last edited by ASPDNSF Staff – Eirol; 06-17-2008 at 01:15 AM.

Shall I assume with the lack of any response to this it is not possible at all without custom code in order to be able to show the product thumbnails on the persons gift registry page in order for people to see what product is associated with the product name?

Thank you for any help, suggestions or guidance anyone can help with.

Jesse is offline Banned

For the way the registry works, it would take some strategic customization. Getting the thumbnail (if any) is as easy as altering the initial SQL statement on page_load in the codebehind. However, now that you've got the location of the image, who is visiting? Is this the registered customer? Is this one of their friends? Is this them setting up the page or them coming back to view it?

It's really not a question that can be answered with "Do this, and you'll be fine", and it takes a lot of customization to do so.

Thanks for the reply. I would want the images to show up for everyone when they view a list of registry items in a gift registry, for the giver and the receiver...

http://www.myurbantoddler.com/giftre...7-97d53aa049ea

but if this is difficult to accomplish as is then I will just assume it would require the source code to do which I do not have access to for the time being.

Also just to note - - the reason for showing the thumbnails is to hopefully keep the giver from wanting to view the item details and inadvertently adding the item to their cart that way instead of via the gift registry, since when they go into the product details they lose all product options associated with the gift registry including linked to the gift registry itself as well. This was a concern of my clients. I suggested they would just add the item from that page. So maybe an alternative measure would be to disable the link all together, however to do this a picture and the summary would probably be a nice addition for the viewer to feel comfortable they are adding the right product.

Just some thoughts at this point!

Thanks Again for the info!
    Last edited by u4cmedia; 06-25-2008 at 09:28 PM.

tjfdownsouth is offline Junior Member

I would also like this functionality, the icon would always be shown regardless of what user is looking at the registry. Is there an xml package that the list feeds from or is this a code change.

Tim