Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Customer image upload

rickhirschmann is offline Member

Default Customer image upload

I recently purchased storefront and my developer is having a tough time with a certain aspect of the program. We are selling personalized items on our site, and we need the capability for the customer to upload an image with their order. Any ideas?

I really need the help!!

Rob is offline Senior Member

what kind (structure) of products are you using?

simple products (one variant)?
    multi-variant products?
    packs?
    kits?

what are all the personalization criteria also?

thx.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

The item is personalized photo necklaces. There are a couple of different styles, but as the customer chooses the syle, length of chain and finish from the drop down menus, they need to be able to upload an image file from their computer and have that attach to the order.

Jesse is offline Banned

The kit items have an "Upload image" ability. You can create these necklaces as kit items with choices of length, finish, and style. Afterwards, they can upload their image and you would have a complete order from them for that item.

Thanks...I'll have them check on that. When it comes to incorporating the shipping aspect, is there software we would need from USPS to generate labels based on the customer info? We want to charge a flat shipping rate, print the label from the order and kick out email to the customer with tracking info.

Your help is much appreciated!!

Rick

Rob is offline Senior Member

Probably you'll be using UPS WorldShip, which imports/exports to our order tables for shipping status. Here is a thread that covers the integration.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

Thanks...

Is there a similar thread for the US Post Office? They are MUCH cheaper to use as a ship option.

Rick

Jesse is offline Banned

What you seek MAY be found here. I hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ASPDNSF Staff - Jesse View Post
    The kit items have an "Upload image" ability. You can create these necklaces as kit items with choices of length, finish, and style. Afterwards, they can upload their image and you would have a complete order from them for that item.

Jesse,

My developer can't find that info about the customer upload of an image in the manual/docs. Could you please let me know where to find that so I can forward it to him? Even the part about the "kits" that you suggested.

Thanks!

Rick

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

What version of the software you are using (e.g. ML 7.0.2.5)? The ‘file upload’ option is only available if you are using a product.kitproduct.xml.config package, and that can be set by clicking the ‘Edit Kit’ link (only if ‘*Is a Kit’ property is set to yes). On the editing kit page you should see a drop down list that has a ‘file upload’ option.

Yes, we are using that version. Is the kit/customer upload feature part of a recent release or was that function available when we purchased the software back in March of this year?

Thanks

Rick

MadStamper is offline Member

That functionality has been there for a while now. I got on board with 7.0.1 and it was there.

You will have to set the product as a kit, and then when you click the 'Edit Kit' link, you'll set what type of input is to be expected. If they are successfully setting up dropdowns for other options (style, length of chain, etc), then they know how to set up a Kit. They just have to create a new kit group and assign it to 'File Upload'.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    MadStamper
    9.3 VB - http://www.SignsOverAmerica.com

Awesome...thank you.

We'll try

When the customer uploads the image for our product, does that image link from, or "stay with" the order...or are the images dumped into a set directory and need to be searched?

Jesse is offline Banned

The images uploaded from the customer are linked to the order number, and stored in the images/upload folder.

landrstudios is offline Junior Member

Default Upload doesn't work

I set up a "file upload" kit group, but when I check the site - there's an button to "browse" for the image upload but no button to "upload"... Am I missing something?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Just click the 'Update Kit Price' button to show the file/image on the page.

fit2page is offline Junior Member

Default Outdated?

This info seems to be outdated.
    I see the image is uploaded to the images/Orders folder.

The script is working with temp images.
    Is there any detailed docs on how to work with these uploaded images?