Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Email this product to friend

michaelt is offline Member

Default Email this product to friend

2 quetions I have
    1. How do I chang ethe word "Email this product to a friend" to something like "Email this page"?
    2. How do I enable and disabled "Email this product to friend" feature for a certain product?

Jesse is offline Banned

On your admin page, you're going to want to go to "Misc->String Resource Mgr->emailproduct.aspx.4" and edit the string to be whatever it is you'd like. As far as specifying a product to not have this option, you would have to alter the XML package that governs that specific product. In that package, find the string

<xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:EmailProductToFriend(ProductID, $CatID)" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>

And remove it. Then save it as a secondary XML package, and apply that package to those products you wish to not use that email. Be careful though, if there are multiple packages among the products you wish to disable this link for, you will have to do this for each of them, and create secondary packages for each of them.

Thanks,

SwakC is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ASPDNSF Staff - Jesse View Post
    On your admin page, you're going to want to go to "Misc->String Resource Mgr->emailproduct.aspx.4" and edit the string to be whatever it is you'd like.
    I also want the "Email this product to a friend" text changed.I changed emailproduct.aspx.4 and reset the cache but its still showing "Email this product to a friend"

John Coton is offline Member

Did you change it for the correct locale?

If you're running a multi-locale site, you need to change it for each one (eg en-US, en-GB etc).

John

dragon is offline Member

Default Has anyone figured this out?

I have also gone to the emailproduct.aspx.4 and typed what I wanted and mine didn't change. Any ideas?

AndrewG is offline Junior Member

Did you change it in the Manage String Resource?

dragon is offline Member

The emailproduct.aspx.4 changes the wording on the the actual email a friend page. I'm wanting to change the email to a friend wording on the product page. It says
    E-mail this product to a friend with a little envelope by it. I would also like to find the place that I can put in a different picture. Thank you so much for your time.

ASPDNSF Staff - Eileen is offline Banned

Changing the value of showproduct.aspx.20 in Manage String Resource will modify the "E-mail this product to a friend" string on product page.

If you want to change the envelope image right beside that text, that image is located at skins/skin_yourskinidhere/images/mailicon.gif

Also, if you want to know what is the specific string resource key is on a page. You can add this appconfig manually on the admin site (ShowStringResourceKeys) then set the value to true/false. This will guide you what is the exact string resource key in every page.
    Last edited by ASPDNSF Staff - Eileen; 03-25-2009 at 07:48 PM.

fusionconnex is offline Member

Default Customize it

Not sure if this will help, but you can always just create a custom image or text and then just link it to the email product page, making sure to pass the product ID in the query string.

espey127 is offline Junior Member

Where do can one find emailproduct.aspx.4 in DNN? In ML/DNN version 7.2.0, Misc->String Resource Mgr->emailproduct.aspx.4 is not an option.

Jao is offline Senior Member

It should be on the Language Editor. Login as a host then click on the Admin>Languages>Language Editor, browse through the Local Resources>DesktopModules>ASPDNSF_Checkout>App_Loca lResources folder and click on the aspdnsf_checkout.ascx file, then you could change the value there. That should be it...