Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Questions regarding VAT

golles is offline Junior Member

Default Questions regarding VAT

Hi There

I am trying to make VAT totally transparent to the customers of the site except for the final recipt where I would like VAT to be itemised. So I would like prices to be vat inclusive, no mention of vat on checkout etc BUT I want VAT to be fully visible in admin so our staff can see VAT calculations etc.

My settings are:
    639 PricesEnteredWithVAT - false
    635 VAT.AllowCustomerToChooseSetting - false
    636 VAT.CountryID - 80
    634 VAT.DefaultSetting - 1
    633 VAT.Enabled - true
    638 VAT.HideTaxInOrderSummary - true
    637 VAT.RoundPerItem - false

This is the outcome
    Product Page - prices shown as VAT inclusive (fine)
    Shopping Cart and all checkout pages - VAt Inclusive price show but below that another line which states the VAT amount - need to remove this second line

Can anyone help me in hiding the VAT on the shopping cart and checkout pages?

Thanks

ASPDNSF Staff - Buddy is offline Banned

To get the VAT to not display on the line items in the checkout pages you'd have to modify the source code. Another option would be to disable VAT and enter the prices with VAT included and remove the country level tax. Then you'd have to modify the receipt to reverse calculate the amount VAT.