Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Payment methods

sminded is offline Junior Member

Default Payment methods

For my store I will need the following two payment methods.

1) Bank transfer
    Description: The customer will pay in advance to our bank account, entering the order number together with the transfer. When the payment is seen by us, we will ship the ordered items.
    Problem: I need to display the bank account to make the payment to the customer. Other than that it should be a normal order, with no special payment fees.
    Question: Which payment method is best suited for this, I can't fins any that match?

2) COD
    Description: Payment is done on delivery at the postal office. The postal office ensures that the customer pays the correct amount etc.
    Problem: For each COD order I need to add the COD fee to the order.
    Question: How do I add a fee for COD orders?

Thanks

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

For #1, I would strongly recommend using one of our existing payment methods (eg. CheckByMail) and just changing string resources etc. to display bank transfer. You can then implement some code to check on the order confirmation page what the payment method is, and display a topic with bank wire instructions if it matches your criteria.

#2 is already accounted for. You can specify a COD handling fee in AppConfig CODHandlingExtraFee.

hovengen is offline Junior Member

Regarding 2):

We used the CODHandlingExtraFee for the exact same purpose as described.

But CODHandlingExtraFee does not longer work.

CODHandlingExtraFee is still holding the same AppConfig value, but the system ignores it.

Is it "just me"?

Any documentation on this?

hjavaher is offline Member

Did you ever get this thing fixed? I am having the same problem.

Jao is offline Senior Member

Could you please tell us what version and codebase you're on? Let's start from here...

hjavaher is offline Member

Hi,
    i am using the 8.0.1.2 release of ASPDNSF. So I went to plan B and made a product that I wanted to dynamically add to the cart using the Cart.AddItem and Cart.RemoveItem but the Cart.addItem is returning a -1. This is strange Everything I try to do for this problem seems to fail.

Thanks,
    Hvia

Jao is offline Senior Member

Please submit a support ticket so one of our technical support engineers could proceed with a closer investigation of the issue.