Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Vs.net 2008

Stephen_Piland is offline Junior Member

Default Vs.net 2008

We are probably going to purchase ASPDNSF ML (including source) in the next week or two. We are probably going to do some slight customization. We have decided to get VS for 2 developers. Should we go get 2008 or get our hands on 2005?

Thanks!!

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

If I were in your shoes, I'd get 2008 Pro.
    Jon Wolthuis

Stephen_Piland is offline Junior Member

Why is Professional required instead of Standard or Express? Just curious. Thanks.

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

The combination of Visual Web Developer 2008 Express and Visual C# (or VB) 2008 Express is fine, as you've found out. You just have the extra inconvenience of running two applications, which is no big deal.

There are some features missing in Express that I would miss. One that I can think of right away is the XML stuff, specifically creating an XSD from an example XML file. I use that a lot when building new gateways, shippers and such, so the extra cost of Pro is worth it to me.

But for general mods, Express 2008 is priced right.
    Last edited by Jesse; 05-22-2008 at 07:10 AM.
    Jon Wolthuis