Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Inherit skinbase in subfolder

PilotShop is offline Member

Default Inherit skinbase in subfolder

What is the best way to inherit the skinbase in a custom page that is placed inside a root subfolder? Do I need to modify skinbase.cs in the app folder or can I modify the code behind page? What would be the code?

Thanks,
    Bill

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

As long as the new page is part of the AspDotNetStorefront namespace you shouldn't have any issues at all inheriting skinbase in a subfolder.

- Dan

PilotShop is offline Member

It doesn't work.....the site throws an error saying it kind find the file:
    "/folder/skins/skin_1.template.ascx'

I basically made a copy of a working custom page and put it into a subfolder. Works in the root but not in the subfolder......

Rob is offline Senior Member

skin folders are relative, so to do this, you may have to adjust our skin file lookup code in skinbase.cs.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

Rex is offline Banned

You may need a copy your EntityHelper directory as well,
    or adjust EntityHelper.cs to always look for this directory along the application root.

~ line 608
    Code:
    string XslFilePath = CommonLogic.SafeMapPath("~/EntityHelper/" + XslFile + ".xslt");

virtualtap is offline Senior Member

Is there a way to inherit SkinBase but not be forced to use template.ascx?
    MSX