Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Importing Prices From Excel

supergriff is offline Senior Member

Default Importing Prices From Excel

Is there any documentation on this?

I'm not sure what format I need to have the Excel doc in?
    Can I import both Price and MSRP?
    Does it do an update based on SKU / Product Name?
    Do non matching records get ignored?

Thanks

seasonalsin is offline Senior Member

Best to use the Export Prices to Excel under products and this will give you a ProductPricing.xls file. You can the adjust it and import it back in. It does allow you to adjust all 4 pricing fields. I am almost positive that it checks against SKU and ProductName (title) to update. (ASPDN can confirm this) Quick and simple if you are just wanting to adjust pricing.
    Shawn

http://www.FirstChoiceMarine.com

Currently 7.1 moving to MS9.3

supergriff is offline Senior Member

I've done this, and the price import works - but the MSRP field is not updated...

What could be the reasons for this?!

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

The pricing export file only updates pricing and inventory, not description fields, etc. If you want to update additional fields you have two choices really... Plug your exisiting products into the excel import file sample xls file (in the Import File Samples folder on your site) or use our web service automation interface to dump the products and variants out to XML, edit them, and them send them back up. Which method is easier depends on your level of experience and comfortability with webservices and XML.

ggriffit is offline Member

Default What to update?

If I write a script to go thru and update the MSRP pricing from teh same XML file that updates the regular pricing, what table and values do I need to update to make sure things all work properly?

Thanks!

Jao is offline Senior Member

Please submit a support incident. One of our technical support engineers should provide you the patch. Please don't forget to affix this forums post URL...

ggriffit is offline Member

I need this for version 7.1, is the patch available for that version also? I don't have a current support contract either. I do have the download for this client to upgrade to version 8, but they have opted to not upgrade yet.

Thanks!