Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Hide Out of Stock not working - Multiple stores on one Multistore version 9.2

angela.hilgeford is offline Junior Member

Default Hide Out of Stock not working - Multiple stores on one Multistore version 9.2

I'm currently using Multistore 9.2 (hoping to do the upgrade soon but need the time first!) but we have 3 stores running off of this and on store 1 and 2 I want to always show out of stock items and just have the 'in stock' and 'out of stock' indicators there but in store 3 I want to hide products with an inventory less than '1' but it's still displaying these products no matter what I do it seems. (I should also mention that the store three isn't technically 'live' yet, we have it in dev with aspdotnetstorefront in front of the domain name until I get this and a couple of other things figured out.)

What are all of the app configs that I will need to make sure I deal with since I can't use the configuration -> inventory control page in admin?

Been trying to figure this out for a while, any help or input would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Angie

lehmans is offline Junior Member

It seems you may be interested in the "HideProductsWithLessThanThisInventoryLevel" AppConfig. I would make sure this is defined for each store and not just a single default value.

- Ryan

bobrace is offline Junior Member

Default Inventory not in search

Running 9.3.1.0 and had a similar issue. An item with -1 on hand in the variants does not show up in search box, but can be found in the product listings. The appconfig states: "If not -1, the site will filter out products that have less than the inventory # in stock that you specify here. Leave set to -1 to disable this filtering". Looks like they want us to leave -1 value if the product should not be filtered out. Even with that setting, items get filtered out in the search. If we increase the quantity in the product variant, it then shows up in the search, in contrast to what it states appconfig definition. Any thoughts?

webopius is offline Senior Member

Also take care if you are tracking inventory by size/color. ASPDotNetStorefront used to (and may still have) an issue with working out if products were out of stock if you added size/color combinations, set the inventory and then edited the size/colors at a later date.

For example:

Size / Color, Inventory
    S / Blue , 1
    M / Blue , 1
    L / Blue, 1

So, total inventory = 3. All OK

Now, if you decided to edit the size names to 'Small, Medium and Large', the old values would be left in the Inventory table alongside the new items:

Size / Color, Inventory
    S / Blue , 1
    M / Blue , 1
    L / Blue, 1
    Small / Blue , 1
    Medium / Blue , 1
    Large / Blue, 1

In this case, when working out the total stock when showing whether a product is in stock or not, ASPDNSF sometimes calculates 6 instead of the correct 3 because it didn't delete the old records from the inventory table.

This may be why the function that does this is called 'ProbablyOutOfStock()' rather than 'OutOfStock()' !

Would be good to hear if this issue is solved in the current release.

Adam