Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Suggestion - Order History:

tito is offline Senior Member

Default Suggestion - Order History:

Now In: Customers - Order History:
    Can this section have a a column for State=PENDING, REFUNDED, or VOID etc..
    Would be nice if this part of the admin would have some navigational options . (view by date, State ,Payment Status, Shipping Status etc..)
    Gordon

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

Yes, both are excellent suggestions for the Admin site. The customer-facing Order History has the Transaction Status already, so it makes sense to also add this to the Admin side.

The filtering options would be very nice as well, probably more useful when viewing all orders than a particular customer (unless it's a really, really good customer).
    Jon Wolthuis

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Agreed. Lets put this on the feature list for the next major release. Personally, I would be a bigger fan of allowing the customer to actually see the history (if the admin so chooses) much like the UPS site does for tracking packages. For example:

Order Place: 3/31/2008 3:15pm
    Payment Authorized: 3/31/2008 3:15pm
    Payment Captured: 4/01/2008 9:52am
    Order processed: 4/01/2008 9:54am (use the "Marked as ready to ship" field)
    Order Shipped: 4/01/2008 12:23pm Tracking Number: xxxxxxxx

This way customers could see exactly what is going on with the order at any given time. Some admins would want to turn this level of detail off of course, which we could support fairly easily, and all of the requisite data is already there. It just needs output to the page. Filtering is also not a bad idea for high volume sites. Maybe a date range (eg. this week, this month, last month, this year, all time).

How about some additional thoughts on this?

Default Suggestion.. Phone Order entry - Total number of items in cart ..

I was with a client on the phone and i was told to tell him how many items we have in the cart.
    On the Phone Order entry - Total number of items in cart does not load.
    On the normal site its fine because you can look at the top of the site and see Basket contains # items. but the Phone Order entry does not ..
    Can this be added in the next build..?
    Also i had once mentioned to add the unit price on the shopping cart page ..
    that should be a nice idea too...
    I saw the invoice/receipt sample that hopefully will be coming out soon (hopfully Next upgrade ) it has the unit price on it ... nice ....
    Total number of items ordered would be nice to have on the receipt too
    Thanks
    Gordon

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Just put "Shopping Cart ((!NUM_CART_ITEMS!))" in th empty.ascx template

Thanks .. it worked..
    Gordon