Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: taxes class and states

raja is offline Junior Member

Default taxes class and states

tax class added and added the respective percentages under the tax classes for particular states. then what settings to be made to apply the tax. whether the tax applied for order from patricular state or we have to set for each product.
    Last edited by raja; 03-18-2008 at 10:49 PM.

ASPDNSF Staff - Buddy is offline Banned

You will have to properly set the tax class on each product. The tax will be applied to customers that have a shipping address in the states for which you charge tax.

Default tax class

if i want to set the GST + PST - 13% for particular state. In product where the one only class we selecting. is there is way to apply two classes for single product.In DB which field the classes denoted if i want to update in DB directly instead updating for each product.

The Canadian double taxation is not currently handled. We're going to be doing some redesign in the next major version to handle that.

Default Tax class field in product table

If we update the tax class in DB, instead selecting in admin for each product. What are the tables and fields to be updated.

You setup GST as a country level tax and the PST as a provincial tax and things work well except in Quebec and P.E.I where the tax is calculated not by adding the GST and PST tax rates together (i.e. Tax Rate = GST + PST) but by applying the GST and adding it to the subtotal then multiply that by the PST, i.e. Total Tax = PST*(subtotal + (GST*subtotal)). We don't have this calculation in the code so you would have to add the logic yourself.

GLS is offline Junior Member

Default Tax Table Update via WSI

Is there a WSI process for update the Zip Tax Table?

Any suggestions on how we can load our 2710 California Zip/Tax Rates?
    Thanks

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

No, the WSI < Set > operation can perform an UPDATE on an existing row of a db table, but does not do an INSERT needed to load new tax rates. (more information here).

You could use SQL Server Integration Services to import an Excel spreadsheet or a CSV file straight into the db.
    Jon Wolthuis

Default Tax Load - DTS using CSV -> ZipTaxRate

Ok. I finally got all the right components load on my system and I was able to load the ZipTaxRate table. However, as noted in other posts my decimal value is not showing up correctly in the admin screen. If I look at the output from a WSI sql select command the values all appear correct:
    <Query Name="ZIP TaxRates">
    <row>
    <ziptaxid>1</ziptaxid>
    <zipcode>88901</zipcode>
    <taxclassid>1</taxclassid>
    <taxrate>7.2500</taxrate>
    </row>
    <row>
    <ziptaxid>55</ziptaxid>
    <zipcode>89101</zipcode>
    <taxclassid>1</taxclassid>
    <taxrate>7.2500</taxrate>
    </row>
    The 88901, I added manualy shows 7.25%, but the SQL insert for 89101 show as 0.73% . Is the WSI output formating this different? Do I need to change the SQL type on the DTS Mapping ?
    TIA

Default Tax Load - DTS using CSV -> ZipTaxRate

NEVER MIND.....
    I guess I did not REFRESH the cache. Now when I login to Admin the tax pct looks good.

Adrock is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Double Tax - Quebec

I need to know if this issue of double taxation been resolved in the newest version of this software?

If not, Can you enlighten me as to the process of custom coding this for my store?