Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Shipping Zones

redrumba is offline Junior Member

Default Shipping Zones

I am running ML 7.0.2.1 and need to know if shipping zones are mutually exclusive.
    Basically I have set up a number of zones that apply to one shipping method (Australia Post) and assigned postal codes to zones according to that shipping method.
    I have a 2nd shipping method that uses a different configuration of postal codes. To achieve this I set up new zones that reflect this configuration and then allowed these zones on the new method.

Shipping Method 1: Allowed Zones A,B,C
    Shipping method 2: Allowed Zones D,E

(Zones D & E are necessary because they are not the same combination of postal codes as zones A, B & C)

If a postal code is assigned to both Zones A and Zone D, then I would expect to have both shipping methods as an option on checkout, but this is not happening.

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

Another way of viewing your configuration is as follows:

Shipping Method 1: Disallowed Zones D,E
    Shipping Method 2: Disallowed Zones A,B,C

In this case, it's not clear which shipping methods should be shown for a postal code in both zones A and D.

You'll need to define your zones so a specific postal code is a member of one-and-only-one zone.
    Jon Wolthuis

redrumba is offline Junior Member

Thanks - I was hping to avoid that but it looks like the only way around for now!